Just in case you want to know more......
When it comes down to it, I'm a Mom, blogging about my favorite subjects. I realized I had some strange things that make me happy in this world, and I decided to share, figuring there have to be others out there who feel the same. For instance, my love of grocery stores. Its weird, but I do love to hit a farmer's market, grocery store, or head to a specialty shop for food. I'm always on the prowl for cool products, whether they are food or beauty related. Grocery stores offer a certain comfort to me, and nothing makes me happier then a full fridge.
After working in the fashion industry for fourteen years, first as a make-up artist, an artist rep, then model agent, and having studied fashion magazines since I was ten, I have gained some insight into what works and what doesn't. Here is my opportunity to help others when it comes to narrowing down the field of choices from season to season.
Lastly, as a wife and Mother, and lover of food, I have collected many cookbooks, recipes, cooking magazines, and favorite resources, that are worth passing along. I suppose the passion for cooking was born of all the grocery shopping I do.
While these seem like strange topics, they are the framework for the real stuff. The life that is happening between the cooking, shopping, and agenting, will most certainly be revealed over the lifespan of this blog. Consider me a good girlfriend sharing information. I hope as a reader you will share your favorite recipes, food tips, beauty finds, fashion faux pas', and the like.
A few key points:
- So far, I'm not getting paid to endorse any products, companies, services, or otherwise that are mentioned on this blog. However, if somebody decided they did want to pay me to advertise, review, or mention any products, services, companies, or websites, I would make certain that my reader's are aware of it.
- Since I'm not a mean spirited person, its likely that if I choose to write about something including, products, services, companies, websites, etc, that I really love it. I will not use this blog as a resource to rant about things I do not care for.
- If you wish to utilize any photos, or posts on this blog for any purposes other then sharing links to Butterfly and Dog on social networking sites, please request permission from me first via email.
- I'm happy to have reader comments, emails, and contact. If you have something you would like to share on any given Butterfly And Dog topic, and it goes beyond what can fit in the comment section, i.e. a recipe or lengthy comment, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finally, please be respectful of the Butterfly And Dog community and enjoy.
What about the name?:
Doesn't anyone remember the rock band Heart? The Wilson sisters who could wail and rock out with the best of them? Anne and Nancy Wilson have written many hits, with memorable songs like Magic Man and Barracuda. One song in particular was more of a ballad, Dog and Butterfly, which I have always loved. Hence, I switched it around and here we are. Butterfly And Dog, the blog.
To Contact Me: